ABC produces price estimates and brief proposals free of charge, as well as providing consultancy on choice of format and medium, commercial publication and so on. Consultancy is provided in good faith based on our knowledge of your needs and the marketing and publications solutions within our specific area of expertise. We cannot accept liability of any kind for actions that client businesses take, or refrain from taking, as a result of acting on our advice.
If the project is very large or complex, or work is required in order to clarify its scope and timescale, we may ask that the creation of the proposal be regarded as a chargeable task in itself, to be invoiced separately from the main project if you decide not to proceed.
We reserve the right to make additional charges in some situations, for example:
- Changes: Reasonable changes (affecting up to 10% of the text) are included as part of the charge for writing text. Changes that affect over 10% of the text, or substantively change an agreed structure or running order, may be charged extra.
- Resubmissions: The charge for editing supplied text may be re-applied if you supply a new version that supersedes a version previously understood to be final
- Unused/deleted material: No cost reduction is applicable in the event that you delete, request that we delete or decide not to use text that we have created as previously agreed.
If proposals include information on dates and timing, please bear in mind that if particular dates are missed, it may not be possible to meet the time commitments given later on in the timeline.
Also, please note that it may not necessarily be possible that the entire timeline be ‘moved back’ by a given number of days, as it may depend on the availability or workflow of third parties. The timings of weekends and holidays can also have an impact, for example if approval to print is given on a Friday rather than a Thursday. We will provide up-to-date information on timings as projects progress.
Before beginning work on your project we will require a purchase order of some kind from you. This can be a formal document if your organisation uses them, or simply an email confirming the scope of the work and fee.
In the situation where the agreed fee has been ‘used up’ without the work as detailed in our proposal being completed, we reserve the right to cease work and wait for a further purchase order before continuing.
VAT will be charged at 20% if you are in the UK. If you are in the EU, VAT will not be charged but we will need to know your VAT number.
On completion of the work we will submit an invoice to you for the agreed amount. We will not submit an invoice that differs from our estimate without prior agreement.
On larger projects we may request the right to invoice monthly, or at agreed project milestones.
Our terms for payment of invoices are 30 days from date of invoice.
Copyright and imprint
Copyright in content produced on your behalf will pass to you on payment of your invoice.
You accept all responsibility for any copyright issues arising from the publication of content produced by us that summarises, rephrases or otherwise refers to third-party sources at your request and as part of the agreed assignment.
Notwithstanding the above, unless explicitly agreed otherwise or explicitly requested by you (for example, through a non-disclosure agreement), by commissioning us you grant us permission to:
- refer to you on our website and elsewhere as a client
- describe the work we have done for you on our website and elsewhere
- quote the text we have written for you on our website and elsewhere
- include representations of any designs produced as part of the work on our site.
Although we will make every effort to avoid errors, omissions, misrepresentations, inaccurate implications and other inaccuracies in the content we produce for you, the final responsibility for published material remains with you.
We cannot accept responsibility or liability of any kind for any loss or damage, whether material, financial, commercial or reputational, that you incur as a result of your choosing to publish materials that we have worked on.